NCLEX Review CD, 3rd Edition

So, a friend gave me this CD, Saunder's Comprehensive NCLEX-RN, 3rd Edition. She said that it would be helpful to me and that I should start reviewing it to prepare for my Board Exam. Which is I guess a bit early.

Anyway, since I have lots of free time I started browsing its content and checked the questionnaires. With the first 10 questions I encountered, I only got 1 correct answer, best answer that is. Well, what do you expect from a sophomore Nursing Student? And to be honest, I have not done any good reading since I enrolled. (guilty) But I already promised myself to make up for that on Summer. Yeah, like borrow or buy some books which I am already saving some $$$ for. Maybe the next time I opened this CD and try to answer it, I'll be able to correctly answer at least 1/3 of it.

The best thing about this Reviewer is that its providing Rationales unlike the other Review CDs I have. And also, it give good pointers as to how you're gonna answer the situation and why is it the best answer.

I'll be posting some of the learnings I get from this CD once I feel like typing longer. So watch out for it! (wink)

4 comments:

NCLEX Countdown: Studying & Staying Sane said...

When is your test scheduled?

Mathilda said...

I'm still studying, 2nd year. A friend just gave me this CD to review.

Good luck on your exam and God bless! :)

NCLEX Countdown: Studying & Staying Sane said...

Hi Nurse Mathilda,

I take my exam on November 23rd at 11am. Even though you are just in your second year, review the material all throughout. One thing that I did as a nursing student was, say I was preparing for a Maternity test, I would review my class notes along with any study guides from the professor but I would also answer the questions from that particular section with Saunders. That way you are studying all throughout your nursing undergraduate education.

Mathilda said...

Oh! that would be next week. I never thought it would be that soon. Good luck on your NCLEX and keep sane okay?. Jk (wink)

You may want to check this site for reviewers and tips for NCLEX:

http://philippinenurses.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the tips! I would certainly do that.

- Nurse Mathilda